Updated October 21 ,2021
Welcome back to another exciting and successful year at the Ashford School. Below is a summary of our 7-point plan for health and success that was shared with the Board of Education last night – (Please note, all classes will be “live” and in person – We are NOT currently planning for remote learning):
1) Masks – All students and staff are required to wear masks – Regardless of vaccination status – At least through September 30th. There will be ample outdoor time and mask breaks.
2) Cohorting/Contact Tracing/Distancing – We will no longer be “cohorting”, but we will still be carefully “contract tracing” to keep everyone informed and safe. When contact tracing, students will be determined to be a close contact if either of the following criteria is met.
a) Student was within three (3) feet of a positive case in classrooms for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
b) Student was within six (6) feet of a positive case in other settings for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
3) Quarantine – Parents will continue to be notified when a child is determined to be a close contact of a positive case. Procedure=symptomatic children should be tested (vaccinated or unvaccinated). If positive, child must isolate for 10 days. No quarantine is necessary if the child is fully vaccinated and asymptomatic but recommended to test in 3-5 days.
4) Travel – Foreign or Domestic – Please consult the CDC link below.
5) Buses – Buses will be running normally – Masks are required for all.
6) Notification – Our Nurse will continue to monitor and report all cases to the Department of Public Health (DPH). In addition, we will send out notices of positive cases to Ashford School families through our email alert system.
7) Testing – The Nurse at Ashford School will be administering free COVID testing for us this year. If you want to take advantage of this program, please register at the link below. It is an anterior swab (gentle) test with a 24-hour return.
“FREE” vaccination clinics are being sponsored in Town – The next clinic is Thursday, September 2nd @ Knowlton Town Hall from 3-8pm: Get vaccinated and get a $10 coupon at the food truck thanks to the Town of Ashford and Eastern Highlands Health District (EHHD). Anyone who is immunocompromised can come and get your booster shot.
IMPORTANT LINKS for YOUR REVIEW
Adapt, Advance, Achieve – Fall Guidance Posted 9/16/21
Back Together This Fall – In Person Learning – Posted 9/17/21
Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools Posted 9/17/21
Arrival and Dismissal Informational Video (Video is from last year, but the procedures remain the same)